Monday, July 10, 2017

Caption Required

Assuming these photos from the wonderful The Guardian are in order, and I think they are, Canadian PM Jussy did not buy a new suit to meet Her Maj.


The Chancellor of the Exchequer has increased her funding. No longer will she have to cut up her curtains to sew up into dresses.  Closely looking at this photo, I see Jussy has quite a decent sized nose. Side profile is not his best angle. Of course we all know a big nose means......big feet too. 

So, think freely, widely and with humour for a caption for the photo below. Has Her Maj asked Jussy a question and he is replying in an interesting manner. Is she about say, 'Really, Jussy. Get a grip' Is she thinking, you are a bit more handsome than your father, Pierre, and have much better hair. Maybe she is about to say, I simply won't talk to you about Trumpet. Maybe he is saying, 'My stylishness and gay friendly persona comes from my mother. Did you know, Ma'me, that she used to party with a lot of gays in New York?' I don't think anyone in Britain or her colonies has been done for lèse-majesté for decades. Take a chance, walk on the wild side and say your worst. Quite an extraordinary photo, is it not. Her Maj has seen so many Prime Ministers come and go in her colonies.

24 comments:

  1. Hmmm.
    I can't help thinking that she would be comparing Jussy's looks (favourably) with her own sons. But goodness she looks old and frail there. I am definitely not a royalist, but she has worked hard for years and deserves a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, well she could and probably should retire as there are so many things she no longer attends and I can't see do much in the way of air travel anymore.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:47 am

    She would be well advised to keep President Turnip at arms length should his visit ever go ahead. No telling what he might do. Look at the shit storm Keating created when he lightly touched her back. - Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ian, I recently read something amusing she said about Idi Amin but I can't remember it. I expect she would keep her distance. She is probably as horrified as many of his own citizens and much of the world.

      Delete
  3. Not sure what sort of caption I would put...But the queen reminds me of one those older relative you could chat about anything....Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dora, she certainly knows a lot about many things.

      Delete
  4. I think she's asking "Are you wearing high heels?".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cro, pity it isn't a full length shot and we could check.

      Delete
  5. Q: I see you're wearing the same blue suit.
    J: no ma'am, it's a different blue suit. When I like something I go ahead and buy ten of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I remember a politician or some celebrity actually saying that. It could be quite true.

      Delete
  6. You're walking ahead of me again. Know your place young man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, he is too. Being tall I guess he takes large steps.

      Delete
  7. Now you've got me wondering about the actual conversation:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, pleasantries perhaps, or something deadly serious.

      Delete
  8. "Can I play James Bond to your M next time, Ma'am?"

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'How do you feel about grabbing a granny' 😀😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, hilarious. You win the prize.

      Delete
  10. Jussy, Prince Harry is practically an old man. If you want to take him out, and create a world stir, on the night scene, I'm sure you'll do so and I'm just as sure Harry will go along. But on the crown of England, please, wear something a bit brighter, won't you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. But Queenie, I really like board games. I just thought maybe you could ask Harry, Charles, some of your staff....we'd have a fun evening...I love Pictionary, do you have that one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good Strayer. I for one would play any game Jussy wanted me to......what about Twister?

      Delete
    2. Haha, Twister, the game of young love.

      Delete
  12. HM: 'Are you sure this is the right way to the loo?'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting one Victor, especially as I heard the other day that she was trained not to go for 12 hours. I bet at her age she no longer lasts that long.

      Delete