Sunday, March 19, 2017

Sunday Selections

Joining with River and others for Sunday Selections. We in Melbourne are obsessed about weather, perhaps because it is very changeable. Autumn for us officially began on the first of March. Idiotic. It was still so hot. Change of season in Europe, Britain and even I think the US happens on the 22nd of March. The night of the 17th was the first night it really felt like Autumn. On the morn of the 18th, it felt chilly.....soon to replaced by a warm north wind and the temperature reaching 31 degrees. It was hot in the sun, but quite nice if you were in the shade.

Weird evening lighting on the back apartment at 401.


A strange sliver of light.


Not normally seen midsummer. Humidity was high. Worse for me than heat, is humidity.


My morning greeting when arising for work. Strange. When we first moved here many years ago now, we used to shut the blinds each night, as we did in our house. We stopped bothering after a short time. No one can see in and the blinds are only closed against direct sunlight.........which was about to happen as I pressed the shutter button.



16 comments:

  1. OMGosh. You have a beautiful view!
    I hate humidity too.
    Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. Sunday morning and I am soon off to work :(

      Delete
  2. Humidity? Bleah.
    That sliver of light was a great capture.
    I hope your day at work treats you kindly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, I hope it treats me kindly too. It was a bit rough last week.

      Delete
  3. I can live without humidity too. I didn't notice it during my years in QLD, but I was younger then.
    I'm wondering what caused the strange sliver of light, which is rather pretty.
    Love the bright orange sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, weather does get harder to deal with as you age. I couldn't work out what was causing the light. I have never seen it before and never seen it again.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful view you have. I don't like to have curtains or blinds closed. I like to see the weather and stars, but I'm tightly packed so its not private to have the windows with no coverings. That is a strange sliver of light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, one reason why I don't want to move from here is the views and I would feel closed in without them.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous4:14 pm

    I've never understood the obsession with defining the seasons so precisely. Perhaps it has more to do with shops introducing their autumn line of clothing, or "it's December 1, start buying your beach wear now" than anything else. Nature isn't so precise. But then nature is supposed to abhor a vacuum which explains what's inside politicians heads. Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ian, dates are inappropriate for defining seasons but the 22nd for Autumn is closer to reality. Ha, do you miss Autumn? You only have hot and wet and hot and dry, never mind Thais grabbing a coat and scarf if the temperature drops below 25.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:00 am

      After living in Pattaya for five years with only a sheet to cover me, Im visiting a friend at Tenterfield where its around 15-16C early in the morning. Im no longer used to having blankets weighing me down. I feel smothered when sleeping. - Ian

      Delete
    3. You have my sympathy. I can't stand the weight of heavy bedding. I sleep with a doubled over sheet for six months of the year.

      Delete
  6. wow 31 degreees typical tem for our summer...nice view of sunset

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia, our late summers are quite warm, especially the last decade or so.

      Delete
  7. There's been some gorgeous sunrises, which are easier to capture coz they're so much later now. I'm not looking forward to shorter days :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, I was driving to work earlier this week and it was pitch dark at after 7. The end of daylight saving will fix that temporarily.

      Delete